Scientific Advisory Committee meeting of Krishi Vigyan Kendra was at KVK conference hall under the chairmanship of Hon'ble K.G. Ingle, Chairman, KVK. Meeting commands with welcome to Chairman of meeting, Dr. K.T> Lahriya, CEEO, Dr. PDKV, Akola, Dr. Sau. Swatitai Wakekar, Director SES, Mr. M.D. Dhage, Dy.Director of Agriculture, Buldana, Mr. B.A. Kasar, TAO Jalgaon Jamod, Dr. S.J. Dhule, Animal Husbandry, Progressive farmers and other SAC members by offering bouquet and also welcomed all dignitaries by Anil Gabhane, I/c. Programme Coordiantor, KVK.
Programme Coordinator of KVK explained objectives of SAC, recommendations and action taken of last SAC. During presentation several issues have been discussed by Hon'ble SAC members and given suggestions & recommendations for effective functioning of KVK activities for benefit of farming community in the district.
Based on review of activities & discussion the following suggestions were made,
1. KVK should take seed production of pigeon pea variety PKV-TARA at KVK farm.
2. Conduct demonstrations, trainings on In-situ soil & water conservation.
3. KVK should establish small hatchery unit at KVK.
4. Arrange demonstrations of Azolla on farmers field.
5. Publish folder on White grub and create awareness among the farmers about white grub.
6. Prepare Tomato seedling of variety Arka Rakshak at KVK and provide them to farmers.
7. Create awareness about off-season fruit cultivation among the farmers.
8. Organize exposure visit to various processing units for women groups.
At the concluding remarks Chairman expressed thanks for all SAC members and suggested
various issues which are useful for running the activities of KVK effectively. Meeting ended with